Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day Seven

Today was one of my favorite days of the trip so far. First of all it was the first day that I have slept in for a few weeks now and it was amazing. I woke up two hours before I needed and so I laid in bed until I feel back asleep, this happened multiple times but I kept just laying here. Oh it was so nice!

So my morning started around 9:40. Got up, took a shower, and joined Kim's mom for breakfast. We talked for awhile which was really nice because we haven't much. I left the house around 11. I didn't know what time the bus was coming and I don't know how to look it up online so my plan was to leave at 11, check the times at the bus stop, which is literally one minute away, and then if I had awhile, walk around Landskrona because I haven't really done that lately. I was really looking forward to this because it was a beautiful day...well, at least just this morning. But okay so that plan faileddd. I got to the station at 11:06 because I left a little late because I just HADDD to straighten my hair today : and so anyway the next bus came at 11:08. Okay awesomeee. No time to be a creep and take pictures of the town. The next bus wasn't until 11:21 and I was due at the train station at 11:30. So blah, maybe next weekend? I can't believe I have been here for eight days and still haven't seen Landskrona in the day night. On the bus I can't recognize anything because I normally just see it at night. But oh well. I like being busy and being off in Copenhagen. I suppose when the conference is over things will settle down a bit and maybe like the day before I leave I can finally see this city. New plan? I think so.


When we got to Lund, which was where we were going by the way and why I was taking the train, it was snowing. It didn't last long and it didn't stick, but it was really cold. I'm sure it's colder back home...but I try not to think about that haha. We walked around for a bit and came to this Greek restaurant and had really good faffeles. After staying there for what seemed like forever, oh and it was a really small place so if anyone else wanted to eat there they were pretty much forced to leave because we are such a big group there were no seats, so after forever we explored Lund a little and wow, it was not what I expect at all. I was expecting something small and quaint like Landskrona but nope. Lund is a big town and it has dozens of ancient buildings including this 1000 year old cathedral, which we got to take a tour of. All I can say is that I think that that cathedral was the most amazing place I have ever been in. I can't even explain how wonderful and beautiful it was. Every little detail had so much meaning behind it and was so planned and cared for and loved and the energy inside of this place, you could feel it the moment you stepped in the door. I have seriously never felt anything like it before and I feel so blessed to have been able to experience this. I didn't want to leave.




But I did. I had to, I can't stay in a church for the rest of my life. The group went to Espresso House to go to the bathroom and then went next door to the Graffiti Cafe and got drinks and a snack. I got a chai latte and it was completely wonderful! Just delicious. After a bit we left to go watch a choir sing for the holiday of Lucia that is celebrated here in Sweden. There were a ton of people there so it was hard to see, but it was cool to do something traditional. When that was over we were given some time to look around the city, which I said before is amazingggg. We checked out some stores and I got some wonderful presents. For dinner we went back to the Graffiti Cafe and got baked potatoes, which I guess are really popular here and here they put lettuce and mini salads on them. It sounds kind of odd but it was delicious.
After dinner we made our way to the train station and it started to snow again. The train left half and hour late so we sat on it the whole time wondering if it was ever going to leave. So that was fun. When I got home Kim's mom was about to make dinner and I was not at all hungry. Well I gave in. She made pancakes, and if you have ever had pancakes in Europe you know they are not like pancakes in the US. They are soooo much better, in my opinion anyway. They have really good jam here too and so ahh there were just wonderful. After I was extremely full I went upstairs to watch the Holiday with Kim's sister Joy and her boyfriend Pierre, which is actually just ending now. Time to go to bed. Early morning tomorrow and back at the conference.
I couldn't have asked for a better weekend in this wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 COP16