Friday, December 11, 2009

Day Five

First of all, I am so tired right now and I would like everyone to know that the only reason I am up right now is to write this because I do not wish to any longer procrastinate and if I do not do this now I will forget about today in full detail and it will not be as affected...

So today started with the end of yesterday. I want over to Katie's host family so that I could stay up and Skype with her back to the YEA! MN meeting. It had to be at a certain time and because it's seven hours behind there we had to do it early in the morning to match the meeting time. So I spent the night there and good thing I did because we weren't done until about 1:30. Oh and we had to get up at 6:30. Lameee. And this is why I am so tired. But it was really fun. I got to know Katie a little better and experience another host so that was really cool.

This morning got going pretty quickly after all of that. We didn't go to the conference, we took a train to northern Denmark instead. The train ride wasn't very long and I was looking forward to the normal hour long ride so I could nap but oh well. To get to Denmark the way that we went we had to go on a ferry. Where we crossed was where Denmark and Sweden are closest together. The ferry was really cool, it was like a small mall inside and have all of these food places to eat and a store. I bought this candy called Lackolrol or something like that and it is delicious. I bought the purple kind because I thought it was grape and it was not grape. Not grape at all. I don't know what flavor it was, maybe flavor disgusting. They were just plain licorice I guess and I really didn't like it. But the pink ones are great haha.

After getting off the ferry we walked around where the ferry lets off and we saw the castle where Hamlet lived where the queen of Denmark goes occasionally during the summer apparently. After walking around the town (Helsingor which is pictures above) for a bit we got on another train and went to there the museum was, again not a very long ride.

The museum was amazing. I love it. I was all about sustainability and how we can live better in the future. There were really cool models and it was very modern and I loveeee it like I said before. I will have pictures up later, too tired now. Lots of not to good things happened at the museum but the really cool bathrooms all made up for it. The bathrooms had a button that you pressed and the door flew open. And there was a one way mirror bathroom outside that you could see out while in it but you couldn't see in from outside, outside it was just a mirror. I've never seen anything like that before, especially a bathroom. Here's a picture of David at the exhibit climbing up to a bathtub.

We got back to Landskrona around four and Katie came home with me because her home stay went out for a bit and she had no way to get into her house. We hung out and blogged and worked on things, well mainly we goofed off haha. And procrastinated. That's why I'm doing this now. When Katie left I had dinner with Kim and her family and then we watched Swedish Idol and movies, which is what I am doing now. But now I think I will go to bed, I have to be up early. Goodnight Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 COP16