Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day Four

Today started off much like yesterday. I might have been home alone, I am not exactly sure...I woke up a little later because I didn't have to shower. Caught the 7:41 bus again. No heels today. I learned my lesson. The Johnsons didn't pick us up in Landskrona and so there were no adults in our group. Pretty fun.



This morning instead of going to the conference right away we went into downtown Copenhagen. It was just one further stop on the train and so it wasn't hard to get there at all. I absolutely lovedddd going into the city and seeing it. It was so...European. Haha :] It had a lot of American stores and fast food places but not as many so I expected I guess.




While we were there we checked out Hopenhagen central, which was pretty cool. It's basically the campaign in set up in the middle of the city that is rooting for good things, hope, to come out of COP15 and that we can make a new better climate policy and things really will begin to change with CO2 emissions. After we checked that out we went over the the Klimaforum which is the peoples climate conference. It is a lot like COP15 where there are session you can attend and there are booths set up for different organizations . One of the booth was through this organization that went around Copenhagen putting flashing red lights 7 meters up on buildings, light posts, etc. The red lights look like bombs ticking and they are to represent how high sea levels could rise because of climate change. I got a lot of stickers at these event and I glad we were able to check it out.

Before we left to get to the conference we went to this pizza place right near the train station. It was really good but very different. They had these noodles that tasted sweet, like they had sugar on them and the veggie pizza had corn and peas (among other things) on it. Sounds odd, but they were both good I thought.
We got to the conference around two and right when we got there we changed into our orange youth shirts and I participated the youth raindance. There is more about it on the main blog that maybe you have already read, hope so :]. Other than that I didn't do much today. I was in an indigenous peoples protests for their rights and then went to sit in on a plenary session that started almost two hours late...I left before it even started because I had to go skype. Our delegation Skyped back to SES's gold house study hall. That was really fun, to see everyone and tell them what we are up to.
It was a long day and I decided to go to Katie's to Skype with her to YEA MN. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 COP16